Last updated October 23, 2023
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you affirmatively provide it to us. For example, certain portions of our website, such as the “Contact Us” page, allow you to provide certain personal information on a voluntary basis, including your name, e-mail address, company information and other contact information. Likewise, our “Career” page allows you to provide certain information on a voluntary basis in order to apply for posted jobs with Bioenergy and/or its affiliates.
In addition, when you are visiting our website, Bioenergy and third parties with whom we work (e.g., service providers, business partners) may place, view and/or use “cookies” or similar technologies to collect certain information about your use of this website. This may include information about the IP address of your computer and mobile device, browser type, language, operating system, geo-location data, the state or country from which you accessed this website, the web pages visited, the date and the time of a visit and the websites you visited immediately before visiting this website.
- HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information you provide us for a number of different purposes. Specifically, we may use the information to respond to any requests you have submitted, including applications through our Career page. Likewise, we may use your contact information to send you announcements, news, invitations, or other information that we believe may be of interest to you.
Other potential uses of this data include:
- To comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement or government request or other legal process;
- To protect the interests, rights, safety or property of Bioenergy, users of this website or others;
- In connection with internal organizational matters;
- To combat fraud or other criminal activity;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- As otherwise required or permitted by law.
Any information collected by cookies will be done on an anonymous basis; Bioenergy does not link any personal information you provide with cookie data.
- WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Performance of a contract. To the extent you are a business partner of Bioenergy or wish to become one, we may need to collect and use your personal information to perform the services for which you have contracted with us. For example, we may use your personal information to respond to requests you make via our website and provide you with such services.
- Some of the personal information collected by Bioenergy is provided by you voluntarily, for example when you fill out our contact form, and is therefore collected and used with your permission. To withdraw your consent to such use, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Legitimate interests. We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests, such as to improve our products and services, and the content on the Bioenergy Digital Services. If you wish us to stop using your information in this manner, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We do not sell your personal information.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We retain the information we collect no longer than as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the information and to comply with our legal obligations.
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMAITON SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from the Bioenergy Digital Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Bioenergy Digital Services within a secure environment.
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Bioenergy Digital Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Bioenergy Digital Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will promptly take reasonable measures to delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com .
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal nor, when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may contact us at email@example.com.
European Union Rights
If you are a resident of the European Union, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. In particular, you may have the right to:
- Access and correct the personal information Bioenergy has about you;
- Object to the processing of your personal information; or
- Request that your personal data be erased.
If you wish to exercise those rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Likewise, if you are a resident of the European Union, you have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority if you believe that your personal information has been collected or used in violation of relevant privacy requirements.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
To exercise your “right to know” or your “right to request deletion,” please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of our services, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID. We are also prohibited by California law from disclosing certain information we may have under any circumstances.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf.
Virginia Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Virginia, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed whether or not we are processing your personal data;
- Right to access your personal data;
- Right to correct inaccuracies in your personal data;
- Right to request deletion of your personal data;
- Right to obtain a copy of the personal data you previously shared with us;
- Right to opt out of the processing of your personal data if it is used for targeted advertising, the sale of personal data, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects (“profiling”).
We will not and have not sold any personal data to third parties for business or commercial purposes. We will not sell personal data in the future belonging to website visitors, users, and other consumers.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of our services, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID. We are also prohibited by Virginia law from disclosing certain information we may have under any circumstances.
11. Who is the data controller?
The data controller for the Bioenergy Digital Services is:
Bioenergy Devco, LLC, 50 State Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401 United States
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACTUS AOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Digital Marketing Director, Lori Messina, by email at email@example.com or by phone at (443)782-3427, or contact us by post at: Bioenergy Devco, LLC, 50 State Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401
14. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
You have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: Feb 1, 2019
Last Updated: 23-Oct-2023
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
As with most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
Manage cookie preferences
You can change your cookie preferences any time by clicking the button on our website.
This will let you revisit the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent right away.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies.
Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from the major web browsers.
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.