Bioenergy Innovation Center
We support Delaware’s family farms with clean-energy production that will help Delmarva grow.
Bioenergy Devco will transform a 20-year-old organic recycling facility into a modern anaerobic digestion plant, employing a proven, tested technology used with great success around the world.
Produce cleaner air, water, and soil for Delmarva.
The Delmarva Bioenergy Center brings cutting-edge energy production that:
- Creates well-paid, quality jobs
- Reduces runoff and water pollution
- Supports Sussex County family farms
- Fosters agricultural innovation
HOWWE DO IT
We Transform organic waste into renewable energy and compost
Bioenergy Devco will transform a 20-year-old organic recycling facility into a modern anaerobic digestion plant, using proven, tested technology used with great success around the world.
Anaerobic digestion gives organic material a valuable second life while improving clean air, water, and soil health. Here is how the process will work in Delaware:
- Waste from the chicken industry will go into large cylindrical tanks where the organic matter is broken down by microorganisms in the absence of oxygen, resulting in carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4).
- The result: renewable energy and nutrient-rich soil amendment to help improve soil health throughout Delmarva.
HOWTO GET INVOLVED
Sign up for our next Discovery Day Event
and learn more about the process, the existing and future facility operations, and the environmental benefits.
Buy locally produced, high-quality Compost
to improve the soil of your gardens, landscapes and farms.
Happy to answer your questions
We understand this is a new concept, and we’re ready to answer any questions and concerns that you have.